We are an Irish-owned company a national provider of broadband and telecommunications services, founded in Loughrea, Co. Galway in 2006. Since then, our team has grown to over 30 people delivering expert technical solutions and professional customer support to our clients nationwide. We offer innovative telecommunications solutions to both domestic and business customers, with focus on excellence and quality of service and customer care.
Due to Company expansion, we are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Technician to join the existing team, with an immediate start. This is an office-based role located in Lightnet Head Office.
The primary function of the role will be to perform all activities related to the accounting department, in particular Accounts Payable. The successful candidate will be expected to ensure that the accounting functions are operating efficiently and effectively and take a leading role in streamlining existing workflows and introducing new accounting processes and systems.
• Accurately prepare monthly financial reports as well as other management accounting reports within the monthly/quarterly/annual reporting schedule
• Prepare financial year end accounts and liaise with company accountants as required
• Support management in the preparation, reporting and analysis of annual budgets
• Good working knowledge of Revenue requirements including RCT, VAT and PAYE
• Ensure the timely preparation and submission of VAT returns
• Preparing monthly payroll and PAYE submission to Revenue
• Assist management with the streamlining of existing workflows within the accounts department.
• Assist management in the development of new processes within the accounts department.
• Assist management with documenting both new and existing processes.
• Creditor invoice posting, and preparing remittances for payment at month end ensuring all payment deadlines are met
• Calculate, post, and analyse monthly accrual & prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured
• Prepare and maintain bank reconciliations
• Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, Direct Debit, Card Payments, deposits, following up on collections and deal with customer queries.
• Build and maintain ongoing relationships with customers and suppliers
• Complete other varied administration duties
• 2 years’ experience in a similar role (Essential)
• Experience using accounting software packages
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office particularly MS Excel
• Fluent written and spoken English is essential
• Accounts and commercial experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a strong level of attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills to include strong time management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and the ability to meet hard deadlines
• Be self-motivated, diligent, responsive, responsible, accountable, and resilient
• Qualified Accounts Technician or similar Bookkeeping qualification a distinct advantage
How to apply:
Please send CV to email@example.com