Some of the benefits of Fritz!Box:
- Compatible with any connection
- AVM Stick & Surf: automatic security for wireless surfing
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
- Wireless guest access – secure surfing for friends and visitors
- Wireless network range extended through repeater function
Features and Security
- Media server makes music, pictures and videos available to devices in the home network (DLNA, UPnP AV)
- MyFRITZ! lets you access your own FRITZ!Box safely, no matter where you are
- Parental controls, push service, cloud contacts, online storage
- Smart Home features for measuring and switching integrated in the user interface
- Share data with friends – it’s easy and safe
- 4 x gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Encrypted communication via VPN
- Telephone system for IP-based connections
- Integrated DECT base station for up to six cordless telephones
- Five integrated answering machines featuring voice-to-mail
- Call diversion, internal calls, three-party conferencing, call transfer
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty for end customers
- Free updates – FRITZ!OS undergoes constant development for even more convenience and performance. The latest developments are available as free downloads or via auto-update.
Exceed your data? Lightnet don’t disconnect or charge extra fees!
Fastest Speeds Available
We will give you the fastest broadband speed available on our network in your area.
Galway based Technical Support Team
Here for you. Always.
Why Choose Fixed wireless?
See more information about Fixed Wireless Broadband
Fill out the simple form and see your options!
Refer a friend scheme
Refer a friend to Lightnet and we will reward you €35 off your next bill.
Click here to read the useful information on setting up.
Why Choose Fixed Wireless Broadband?
If you live in an area that lacks fibre broadband you can still enjoy broadband access through Lightnet’s Fixed Wireless service.
Fixed wireless provides high-speed internet access to a location through radio waves, eliminating the need for phone lines.
We first check that your location has good coverage on our network and if successful we will install our high-speed technology to your home. Our broadband is reliable whether you live in rural or urban areas.
*Unlimited up to 1TB
Set Up Information
How do I arrange an appointment for installation of broadband?
- Once you register your interest on our coverage checker a member of our sales team will get to work checking that you are in a Lightnet coverage area and call you back. Once the initial checks are done you can then book an appointment with our skilled technician.
What does the installation fee include?
- A full site survey will be carried out to determine if we can provide you with a Lightnet connection. We will test coverage, signal, line of sight to our access point and the quality of the connection before we install.
- An antenna will be attached to your chimney or the gable of your house by our technician. A cable will then be ran internally to one point of your house by drilling a small hole to pass the cable through.
- Up to 3 hours of labour and 20 meters cable is included in our standard installation.
Do I have to be there?
- Yes, we will need access to your home during the installation. If you can’t be there you will have to nominate a person over the age of 18 to be there and to sign the paper work on your behalf.
How do I get a wireless connection throughout my home?
- Once your installation is complete you will be able to connect to the internet through a cable connection, unless you purchase a wireless router. The router must be capable of taking a cable connection. You can purchase a router at any electrical or computer retailer or ask a sales member about our high spec Fritzbox router.
After the connection is installed, how to get online?
- Installation fee and your first month instalment is payable on the day along with submission of your direct debit details. Once we receive these details you can enjoy putting your new Lightnet connection through its paces.
What are Lightnet’s Terms and Conditions?
You can find Lightnet’s Terms and Conditions by clicking here.
How do I know if I can get a fixed wireless connection with Lightnet?
You can check the coverage in your area by clicking here.
What is Lightnet’s contract term?
There is a minimum 18-month contract with all Lightnet connections.
Do you charge for exceeding monthly data allowance?
Lightnet will not disconnect you or automatically charge you extra so you have full control of your bill. You can continue to use the connection with zero data allowance but at a 1mb speed.
We will notify you by email once your data allowance reaches 80%, 90% and 98% usage. Once your data allowance reaches 100% your connection speed will reduce to 1mb download, 0.25mb upload.
Can I still use my connection if I exceed my data allowance?
Yes, you can still continue to use the connection on the reduced speed.
If I exceed my monthly data allowance, can I Top Up or upgrade to a package with a higher data allowance?
How do I pay my bill?
The installation fee and first month instalment is payable on the day of installation. The remaining payments will be taken by direct debit. Our technician will direct you to our website where you can submit your bank details securely.
I am not the owner of the house, can I still get a Lightnet connection?
Once you are over the age of 18 and have permission from the homeowner or landlord to proceed with the installation of equipment at the property.
Where can I locate Lightnet’s Tariff card?
What if I need to cancel my connection with Lightnet after I get installed?
You can cancel you contract with Lightnet by giving 30 days prior notice in writing. Should you break your contract you must pay out the remainder of your contract.